2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport Towing Capacity
How much can a Land Rover Discovery Sport tow? The latest 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport has a maximum towing capacity of up to 4,409 pounds, with engine options and features to make towing easier on Grapevine roads. Learn more about this sporty member of the Discovery family and find out if it has the prowess and capability you need.
Discovery Sport Performance
While the 4,409-pound Discovery Sport maximum towing capacity won’t change, the two engine options will give you different performance specs, so you can choose what fits best for your needs.
- Standard 2.0L 4-cylinder turbocharged gas engine
- 246 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque
- 4,035 pounds curb weight (4,210 pounds with optional third-row seats)
- 5,620 pounds GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating)
- Available 2.0L 4-cylinder turbocharged MHEV engine (mild hybrid electric vehicle)
- 286 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
- 4,145 pounds curb weight
- 5,665 pounds GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating)
Discovery Sport Towing Features
The Land Rover Discovery Sport towing capacity is enhanced with innovative technology to keep your loaded up vehicle in control on Colleyville roads. These features include:
- Trailer Stability Assist — This standard feature uses sensors to detect trailer sway or potential loss of control, and gently corrects or prevents the issue.
- Advanced Tow Assist — This optional package includes Wade Sensing, Automatic Headlight Leveling, 360-degree camera, auto-dimming power-fold heated door mirrors with approach lights
- Terrain Response® 2 — This standard feature analyzes road conditions and can automatically choose the appropriate drive mode, or you can elect to pick the mode yourself, with options like Mud & Ruts, Sand, Rock Crawl, and more.
- Hill Descent Control (HDC®) — This system helps maneuver your Discovery Sport down steep hills keeping control in your hands.
- Adaptive Dynamics — With advanced MagneRide™, this system monitors on and off-road movement to analyze the road inputs, ultimately giving you more control.
- Torque Vectoring by Braking — In order to enhance agility and stability when turning or navigating rough corners, the distribution of torque balances between all four wheels for improved grip.
- All-Terrain Progress Control — Maintain a steady speed using this technology so you can focus more on the control.
At the Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth parts center, there are towing accessories that you can get after purchase, but some of them you may want to request when you are building your Discovery Sport. Genuine Land Rover accessories include:
- Optional detachable tow bar or electrically deployable tow bar, towing system with tow hitch and receiver, towing electrics, tow strap, target tracking sticker
Explore the Discovery Sport in Fort Worth
When you are ready to take home a new Discovery Sport for sale near Southlake, browse our inventory at Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth. Then schedule a test drive with your local authorized Land Rover retailer to experience all the power and performance features in person!
Learn More at Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth
How much can a Range Rover Evoque tow? The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque is the most compact of all the Land Rover models, but it offers 3,968 pounds maximum towing capacity so you can still haul what you need around Grapevine. Explore the Range Rover Evoque towing specs and features, then contact Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth near…
How much can a Land Rover Discovery Sport tow? The latest 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport has a maximum towing capacity of up to 4,409 pounds, with engine options and features to make towing easier on Grapevine roads. Learn more about this sporty member of the Discovery family and find out if it has the…
If you are shopping for a 2020 Land Rover Range Rover in Dallas-Fort Worth, explore all the Range Rover trim level options below to find out which one to choose, then contact your local authorized Land Rover retailer to schedule a test drive. Range Rover Inventory Contact Us Range Rover Lease Offers Range Rover (Starting at $90,900…