2020 Range Rover Sport Towing Capacity
The 2020 Range Rover Sport has arrived on the Fort Worth market for drivers who want as much power as they want luxury in their new SUV. A testament to the high-performance standards of Range Rover, the 2020 Range Rover Sport towing capacity maxes out at 7,716 pounds. Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth covers the broad range of trim options drivers have for exceptional Range Rover Sport towing capacity, roof carrying capacity, engines, and more!
How Much Can a Range Rover Sport Tow by Trim?
Taking your SUV on adventures outside DFW is a breeze with the 2020 Range Rover Sport. Choose from a wide variety of engine types according to your needs:
MHEV (mild hybrid electric vehicle) Engines:
- The SE and HSE trims come standard with a 355 hp MHEV V6 engine. This gets you 365 lb-ft of torque and a max towing capacity of 7,716 pounds.
- The HST trim comes with a 395 hp MHEV V6 engine that gets you 406 lb-ft of torque and amax towing capacity of 7,716 pounds.
PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric vehicle) Engines:
- On the HSE and Autobiography Dynamic trims, you’ll find the 398 hp PHEV 4-cylinder engine, which has an impressive 472 lb-ft of torque and a max towing capacity of 5,511 pounds.
- Available on the SE and HSE trims, the 254 hp turbodiesel V6 engine gives you 443 lb-ft of torque and retains the max towing capacity of 7,716 pounds
Supercharged V8 Engines:
- The high-grade performance of the 518 hp supercharged V8 engine with 461 lb-ft of torque comes on the HSE Dynamic and is an option for the Autobiography Dynamic. Max towing capacity remains 7,716 pounds.
- Or select the Range Rover Sport SVR for the 575 hp supercharged V8 engine, giving you 516 lb-ft of torque and a still-impressive 6,613 pounds of towing capacity.
So if you find yourself asking, “How much can a Range Rover Sport tow?”, it depends on which engine you choose. All trims have 220 pounds of roof carrying capacity and a maximum unbraked trailer weight of 1,653 pounds.
Range Rover Sport Towing Features
Your Range Rover Sport towing isn’t just about sheer weight. Range Rover has assured a safe and controlled towing experience with advanced features like:
- Trailer Stability Assist: Reduce trailer sway with this standard feature that keeps your trailer in line with your Range Rover Sport.
- Emergency Brake Assist: With this feature, sensors alert you when a vehicle or other object is close, even activating the brakes to help prevent collisions.
- Advanced Tow Assist: This feature takes advantage of the Terrain Response controller to keep help hook your vehicle up to the trailer hitch.
- Automatic Access Height: This feature uses the electronic suspension to drop your load space height by up to two inches, giving you more towing options!
Explore the 2020 Range Rover Sport with Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth!
If you want to learn more about the 2020 Range Rover Sport and all its capabilities, you can consult the experts at Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth! We are always excited to help Fort Worth drivers research details about their next vehicle, and our finance center can assist with a payment plan. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any and all questions! Explore other Range Rover performance specs by learning about Discovery Sport towing and Evoque towing capacities.
Explore Our Models
The Range Rover Velar is known for its avant-garde style, and the new 2020 Range Rover Velar has lots of color choices, so you can find the model that best fits your style and driving needs. Explore the new Range Rover Velar color options below, then contact our sales team to schedule a test drive…
The Land Rover Range Rover price ranges based on which model and trim level that you choose. This can range from $42,650 MSRP for the entry-level Range Rover Evoque to $209,500 MSRP for the highest Land Rover Range Rover configuration. Moving up in higher trim levels means you’re getting additional technology and convenience features that…
The 2020 Range Rover Sport has arrived on the Fort Worth market for drivers who want as much power as they want luxury in their new SUV. A testament to the high-performance standards of Range Rover, the 2020 Range Rover Sport towing capacity maxes out at 7,716 pounds. Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth covers the broad range of trim…