How to Clean Leather Seats
Wondering how to clean car seats that have leather upholstery? Save money on a full detail in Fort Worth by learning the best tips for cleaning leather seats in your luxury car, and find out how to take care of the leather in between regular cleanings. Follow our step-by-step guide below, and contact Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth if you have any questions!
Steps for Cleaning Leather Car Seats
- Your choice of cleaning solution:
- Saddle soap, leather cleaner, or mild leather soap
- OR, a DIY solution of 1 part white vinegar/2 parts linseed oil in a spray bottle
- Clean microfiber cloths
- Soft-bristled interior brush (NOT a stiff carpet brush)
- Before doing anything else, the most important step is to check your owner’s manual for model-specific instructions or any products NOT to use.
- Being careful not to scratch the leather, vacuum the seats to remove all particles. Use the smaller attachments or an air compressor to get into the cracks.
- Spray your leather cleaning solution on the microfiber cleaning cloth to wipe the seats clean and remove dirt and oils that are still on the surface.
- For a deeper clean, spray the cleaner on the seats and gently scrub the surface with the brush.
- If your vehicle has perforated leather seats, spray directly onto the brush to apply to the seats, to avoid getting too much moisture into the seats.
- Wipe the seats with a clean and dry microfiber towel.
Steps for Conditioning Leather Car Seats
If you regularly apply leather conditioning to your seats, this can help prevent cracks and dryness, prolonging the softness of the leather material.
- Check the leather conditioner for natural ingredients, and avoid ingredients like waxes, petroleum distillates, and silicones.
- Apply a small amount of conditioner to a clean and dry microfiber cloth.
- Gently work the conditioner into the leather.
- Allow about an hour for the conditioner to soak into the leather before touching the material, keeping the seats out of the sun as much as possible to avoid premature drying.
- Once the conditioner is fully absorbed gently the leather with a new microfiber cloth.
More Leather Care Tips
- Keep leather cleaning supplies on hand to clean your seats as spills and dirt appear to prevent permanent damage to the leather.
- If you have a garage in Dallas Fort-Worth, you can better protect the leather from extreme temperatures and sun damage.
- When driving around the DFW area, park your car in the shade as much as possible to reduce sun bleaching or sun damage to the seats.
Rely on Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth for More Car Care Tips
Learn more about luxury vehicle care Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth to keep your car interior and exterior pristine, find out how to prolong the life of other vehicle components with more tips on vehicle service from your local authorized Land Rover service center!
More from Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth
The Range Rover Velar is known for its avant-garde style, and the new 2020 Range Rover Velar has lots of color choices, so you can find the model that best fits your style and driving needs. Explore the new Range Rover Velar color options below, then contact our sales team to schedule a test drive…
The Land Rover Range Rover price ranges based on which model and trim level that you choose. This can range from $42,650 MSRP for the entry-level Range Rover Evoque to $209,500 MSRP for the highest Land Rover Range Rover configuration. Moving up in higher trim levels means you’re getting additional technology and convenience features that…
The 2020 Range Rover Sport has arrived on the Fort Worth market for drivers who want as much power as they want luxury in their new SUV. A testament to the high-performance standards of Range Rover, the 2020 Range Rover Sport towing capacity maxes out at 7,716 pounds. Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth covers the broad range of trim…