Understanding Land Rover Warning Lights
We know that our vehicles come equipped with warning lights on the dashboard, but that doesn’t stop us from panicking when one or more unexpectedly lights up in Grapevine orSouthlake. Some Land Rover warning lights are simply indicators of an action, such as when you turn on your headlights, while others let you know that your vehicle needs to be serviced.
What do the Land Rover Warning Lights Mean?
- Oil Pressure Warning: When the light shaped like an oil can illuminates, it means that your vehicle is in need of an oil change. It’s best to schedule that service soon after the light comes on.
- Hill Descent Control: You’ll know thatHill Descent Control has been activated when a light shaped like a Land Rover going down hill lights up. This light will flash if conditions are not appropriate for HDC or if HDC has faded out.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: The TPMS light looks like a horseshoe around an exclamation point. It means that your vehicle has sensed an issue with the pressure in one or more of your tires. You can check the pressure yourself and refill as needed, or you can bring it in for a professional check.
- Brake Light: This light looks like an exclamation point in a circle surrounded by parentheses and indicates issue with your brakes. The brake pads may be too worn down, or there could be an issue with the emergency brake assist system. While you can temporarily drive with this light on, it’s best to get your brakes checked as soon as possible.
- Battery Light: This battery-shaped light means that your battery isn’t functioning properly. It may be that there’s something wrong with the connection, or it might be time for a new battery. You’ll want to get this checked out to avoid being stranded on the side of the road in Colleyville.
- Check Engine: The engine-shaped light is your check engine light. Unlike some of the others, this light could signal a variety of things. When the check engine light comes on, it’s best to schedule a service appointment as soon as possible, so a professional technician can diagnose your vehicle’s problem.
Land Rover Warning Lights On?
To learn more about the Land Rover warning lights or to have a vehicle repair taken care of, schedule a service appointment at Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth in Fort Worth with one of our specially trained technicians. You can also learn more about Land Rover safety features like Adaptive Cruise Control, and check out our luxury SUV care tips to ensure your Land Rover stays in proper working order.
More from Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth
If you are shopping for a new Land Rover in Grapevine with plenty of customization options, the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover has endless interior color choices and paint color options. Explore Range Rover colors at Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth and find the perfect configuration for your style. Then contact your local authorized Land Rover retailer to schedule a test…
How much can a Range Rover Evoque tow? The 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque is the most compact of all the Land Rover models, but it offers 3,968 pounds maximum towing capacity so you can still haul what you need around Grapevine. Explore the Range Rover Evoque towing specs and features, then contact Autobahn Land Rover Fort Worth near…
How much can a Land Rover Discovery Sport tow? The latest 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport has a maximum towing capacity of up to 4,409 pounds, with engine options and features to make towing easier on Grapevine roads. Learn more about this sporty member of the Discovery family and find out if it has the…